When I came to pick Samuel up, the kids were lined up on the bench receiving their cookie and learning manners:
Samuel was the "helper" for the day (Colin and I think that maybe he volunteered because he really is the teacher's pet type). They worked on the letter "A" and learned about circles. They sang songs, got eggs from the chickens and did a paper craft. He let me know that he didn't hit anyone (which is funny because he really isn't a hitter). He was exhausted and so excited and wants to go every day of the week now.To console Jude from missing his brother, we stopped at Grandma Jan's work (the police dept.) and she came to the rescue with a treat bag for Jude. He loved it! Oh, man. It really does take a village to raise a child, doesn't it?!

I want to freeze time on days like today - not let my kids get any older, holding onto that sweet innocence that is so fleeting when the teenage and adult years set in. I love that Jude looks at me today and says "I'm not mad at you" for no reason at all. That the baby giggles and holds her arms up as I come near her and Samuel brings piles of books to me because he knows that I can't resist reading to him. Perhaps this really is my magnum opus.
4 comments:
your blog does make me realize how fleeting and fast childhood really is! I remember when you were just pregnant with Jude and Juliet! Look how big they both are now and Samuel in school! I mentioned it to Kiko last night, how fast it is. How important it is to cherish everyday and count our blessings!
How fun that you got some one-on-one time with Jude!
well, i can truly relate to this post. I feel the same way...I always do when the kids start something new - this year it was Olivia starting soccer...God is soooo good to let us enjoy these precious kids. Glad preschool was so fun for him!
So sweet. I'm glad preschool is working out for you. Sarah had mentioned that your were on the fence about the whole schooling thing. Believe me...me TOO! There are so few options out where I live that I'm contemplating home school. I just don't know if I have the will to do it! And yes, it does take a village..thankfully. Family is such a blessing...even when they are an "adopted" family :)
Post a Comment