Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Sous-Chef

Samuel helped me prepare most of a dinner one day - even getting carrots out of the garden! We went round and round about math while we were cooking:

"Samuel, if you need three 1/3 cups full and you are pouring one in now, how many more do you need?"

Samuel: "Three"
Me: "No. Let me repeat..."

Samuel never did quite figure it out, but we'll keep working on it. I love Trader Joe's bread crumbs. Well, I love Trader Joe's in general. Such good, cheap food.

And of course I have to include a picture of Juliet. She just started eating Mum Mums. I guess they are a favorite baby snack all over Asia and I can't complain - it buys me a few moments to eat my dinner hastily.

1 comment:

Strauss House said...

Wouldn't it be easier to use just one 1 cup measuring cup versus three 1/3 cup measuring cups? But then again that wouldn't really help with teaching math... :o)

Very cute! I love how you always have your boys right in the kitchen with ya!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...