Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sweet Victory.

So, the Paypal/Gaintsoft/Photoshop CS4 story has an ending. Finally. After being declined by Wells Fargo for a chargeback twice, I made one last feeble attempt at calling Paypal to let them know that they are supporting someone who is selling pirated software and oh, by the way, I want my money back. He politely informed me (yet again) that because I purchased an item outside of eBay, I would not have buyer protection. I asked him in my kindest voice how he could help me and that I knew I was not the only one demanding money back from this crook. He told me 1) to file a complaint with www.ic3.gov (internet fraud agency) (which I did while on the phone with him), and 2) to hold on a minute. After holding for what seemed like forever, he informed me he would be putting the entire $184 back in my account in about 5 minutes. Huh?!

The best part? The money was taken out of the merchant's account. I learned not to take "no" (4 times) for an answer, and it all depends on who you talk to.

5 comments:

Strauss House said...

Oh that is so awesome! Man... persistence pays off - way to go!

team woelfel said...

yey!

Nicole B. said...

That's awesome Kami...you're so bold! I would have had a hard time with that...but I'm getting better!

Mama Rak said...

Way to negotiate, Paralegal!!!


I mean Paralegal 2 ;-)

Nic

tabi said...

Way to go, Kami! That is a victory, indeed! :)

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...