I thought it was pretty tasty, but the family didn't devour it as I expected. So, there is an entire half casserole sitting in my freezer for when I'm feeling particularly lazy one morning...And this, my dear friends, is Sunday Oatmeal from Barefoot Contessa's cookbook. I make a batch every week for Juliet - she eats it by the fist fulls and sometimes Colin and I comment about how she will founder if she is left to her own devices. Meaning: she eats a boatload of the food she likes. Here's what it looks like:
I just discovered this website called The Joy of Baking and I feel like maybe I have been in a virtual cave, because I bet everyone else has been here already. I've drooled, I've stolen recipes and now I'm off to Winco, Trader Joe's and Costco (well, not all in one day - I do have three children!) to purchase the ingredients for the following meals/treats:
Spaghetti w/arugula, roasted peppers, prosciutto/bread
Potato Bar (broccoli/bacon bits/chives/sour cream/butter)
Tacos (including refried beans, salsa, sour cream, cheese)
Lasagna, spinach salad, bread
Calzones (from my bread maker)
Pasta and peas
Tortilla chip pie (from Kiwi magazine)
Tecate Bread (from bread maker)
Blueberry Muffins
Have I mentioned how much I am loving my Bread Machine Lover's Cookbook? It makes my calzone dough and all my most recent bread doughs. I do a second rising on the counter and bake the breads in the oven for more authentic taste, but it really does all the hands on work for me.
Also, I have discovered that if I let my kids be involved in their meal, they tend to actually eat it. Imagine that. So I let them pick their toppings for calzones, pizzas and tacos.
And now we are set for a week of food!

4 comments:
I didn't know about The Joy website so thanks I am heading over now.
Ok, first things first. Didn't you post a recipe for spinach enchiladas one time? I made and liked them, but when I came here to tell you so I couldn't find that post anywhere. Argh. Anyway, thanks for the recipe (if it was really you and I'm not losing my mind).
Second, those breakfast bars look good. I'll put them on my next two week menu, though it looks like I'll have to make them the night before.
Third, I think you should try this French toast recipe. My kids gobble it up!
http://fortheloveofgrub.blogspot.com/2009/01/stuffed-french-toast.html
Thanks for the french toast recipe, Bethany!! I don't remember making spinach enchiladas, though they do sound delicious!!
Ok, now there's no link for those breakfast bars. What the heck? Anyway, I know you already know I made them, but I wanted to give a thumbs up on them over here for your blog readers. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment