Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Elna.

Can I first start by apologizing for the horrendous pictures in my last post? Someone (ahem) yanked my camera out of RAW mode and I felt helplessly out of control in the post editing process. Photoshop is a crutch for me and I now have my RAW mode back on. Never again will I post such green, icky pictures - I promise.

At any rate, this is Elna. Doesn't that sound a great aunt's name? I just purchased Elna off Craisglist for a slammin' deal from someone who just had it fully serviced. It's a serger and I'm scared. I mean look how ominous it is!! What with the towering row of thread and that blade the cuts fabric!! But my goal is to open an Etsy shop sooner than later (with all my spare time).

Here's the question - how do you moms of small children find time to do your hobbies? I need to figure out a time to start making things to put up on Etsy, but I feel like if I do, my family won't get as many good meals or the laundry will go undone. Perhaps less sleep? But I really don't want to be a zombie and unavailable for the kiddos during the day. I'm at a loss - ideas?

2 comments:

Strauss House said...

I do it during nap/quiet times and at night. I plan my meals a month ahead of time so that helps too... but I only have 2 kids and Ian is a big help with groceries, etc. My meals probably aren't as great as yours. :)

The nice thing about etsy is there's no pressure - if you have 1 thing or 10 things in your shop it's not big deal. And everything is ooak so it's already made and waiting to be bought.

Marla said...

In the first year that I started my business, I stayed up until 2 or 3 am almost every night. I trained Eva to sleep until 10am though; which I don't know would work for you.

If you can't seem to find wiggle room in your daytime schedule, you'll likely have to adjust your night time one.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...