Friday, August 21, 2015

2015 Week in the Life (Friday)

Today I'm going to shed a "what I want to remember" light on each photo.

I want to remember the chaos, the foamy disasters, the "don't touch that handle!" that are pubic restroom trips. Here we were at our fourth New Seasons delivery today. My goal was to photograph Boss washing, but this is fine too. My kids note smells, strangers, germs, all the details. My job is to teach them to do it politely.
I want to remember that my kids help with this business we call 4 Spoons. In little ways, big ways. I'm hoping that all of this will add up to an understanding that money doesn't grow on trees.
I want to remember his fascination with Roomba - our robot vacuum. I'm so grateful for things that hold his attention.
I want to remember impromptu dinner guests (Colin's dad) around a messy, lived in table. Conversations. Laughter. Stories. Non sequitur (from our kids, always from our kids). This is the stuff life is made of.
I want to remember our neighbor who showers us with Asian pears and grapes this time every year. Fresh from his yard. Local produce is my love language.
I want to remember the help I get after dinner.  Many years ago I realized I couldn't do it all. And they pick up where I leave off.
I want to remember the quiet moments before the house wakes up. The darkness, the oatmeal I make while thinking, setting the dials back to zero so I can be the best servant to others that day.
I want to remember that she obeys the first time I ask her.
 I wan to remember that she chooses to hold my hand. A lot. Affection is her love language and I need to remember to say "I love you" her way more often.
I want to remember that before she comes downstairs in the morning she sits and brushes her hair. She's part teen already and I'm afraid.
I want to remember these moments of chores - teaching, talking, cleaning. Being together, making the mundane not so, well, mundane.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...