Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week in the Life (2015) (Tuesday)

Man is this documenting process intense, but so worth it. Some of the photos I got today are all time favorites and truly capture who we are right now.

Breakfast today was a fried egg and a zucchini cookie, and for Boss, an extra dose of hot sauce. He's had an affinity for hot sauce since he started eating. 

 The story here is that since limiting my kids' snacks, I don't snack much either. No snacks for me = questionable blood sugar. I waited too long for lunch and ended up eating lots of food and topping it off with a meal replacement shake. Dodged a bullet thanks to this.
 A moment of me comforting Boss after he fell pretty hard. Sis took the picture. I love that this project also introduces my kids to photography.
 This miniature tea set purchased second hand has bought so many hours of delightful pretend tea parties with all the kids. The fill with water from the fridge, make a wet disaster, drink and repeat.

 When the older boys are away, Boss resorts to ponies and dolls.
 My kids love to play drive in vehicles. Especially right after I've cleaned them.
 This photo is spot-on of Sissy in early morning. I ask her to unload dishes and honestly, she's the only one that obeys right away. Still rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she stumbles through a load of clean dishes with a happy heart.
 I dropped Sis off to a craft day at church - she couldn't have been happier.  She takes after me in her love of crafting.
 I loved this moment. We were listening to Adventures in Odyssey (a Christian radio theater program) and she perused her Jesus Storybook Bible until she found the Bible story that matched what the radio was talking about.
 My favorite photo of the day - I love the light, the shadows, the embrace. This is how every nighttime prayer goes with Sis and I. She's on her knees, hanging on me. Doesn't matter if it's 1.000 degrees in her room, she still has to be skin to skin when I pray with her.
 My prayer with Boss - sweet short, appropriate for a 4 year old. We thank God for the fun he had and for keeping him safe and for Boss to remember what he learned from church and to apply it to his heart. Sometimes I throw in there that the Lord helps him make good decisions :)
 Story time with the Littles - usually the Bernstein Bears, sometimes Clifford or rarely Madeline. Sis finally stopped asking for the "How God Made Us" book. Sex ed every night isn't really appropriate.
 I love this photo too. They don't have anyone else to play with, so they played mostly happily together today.
 I usually crash at some point midday. Today it was around 1:00 - perused Instagram to see what other people are doing for Week in the Life, then rested for a bit. Kids were watching Toy Story 3.
 My lunch - almost always quinoa stir fry but today it was a salad loaded with protein. Salads have been sounding so good in this hot weather.
 Me jumping in the car to take Sis to church. Love these glasses - have worn aviators for years.
 Dinner with out three of our family members. I made turkey burgers and roasted red potatoes on the grill, paired with an Asian salad (from Costco - to die for) and raspberries and grapes for dessert. Since kids aren't snacking, they eat dinner quickly and heartily.
 Dishes. Always dishes.
 My getting ready process is always put last and last minutes. I chose to do laundry, clean the van and the kitchen instead of a lengthy getting ready process. 5 minute shower (no time to shave), ten minute makeup, no blow drying. But the house and car are clean. I'll take it.
 I talk to Colin on speaker phone so the kids can say "hi". I often only talk to him once per shift.
 My purchases from Costco - just went for lunch items, managed to spend $60.  Raspberries, grapes, spinach, lunch meat, salads - it all adds up. Would have been tons more expensive at the regular store, though.
 I drive with coffee between my legs. It's often cold and thick. I usually don't even drink it and often it spills on my clothes. But still I keep the ritual. I'm a creature of habit.
 Breakfast. Sis is getting ready upstairs (her routine is beginning to rival that of a teenager). I rarely sit and eat breakfast, but decided to today.
 Boss putting dishes away - often argues a lot about it. Here he is weight lifting one of my heavy French pots.
 I caught Boss in a very rare moment of playing by himself. He needs to be with kids almost all the time. He spent maybe 4 minutes playing with these Legos before cleaning them up.
 Here he is playing ponies with Sis. Desperate times...
 The kid LOVES to eat. And loathes pictures taken of him. I was surprised he let me get this one.
 My morning Bible time - currently I'm studying through the Book of James with Beth Moore and loving it.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...