Last Sunday (8/16) was one of the most memorable days in the last few years. Jude has been asking to get baptized, well, since Samuel was baptized three years ago. I know based on everything Jude learns at church that he was
getting what this is all about. After many sessions of me grilling him with questions to ensure he knew what he was doing, we decided August 16 would be a good day to get baptized. Family and friends came to support Jude. When the time came, Colin walked Jude out to the water. After the elders prayed with Colin and Jude, they BOTH got baptized!! It was such a beautiful redeeming moment. We've been through so much grief this last month and this was what I like to call beauty out of ashes.
Here they are waiting in line.
Right before baptism - this is the point I realized Colin was going to get baptized too. I could hardly hold myself together.
I will never know what was said in this conversation. It was a sweet moment between father and son before they got baptized together.
The girl cousins watching the baptisms.
No comments:
Post a Comment