Monday, August 17, 2015

Week in the Life, Monday

I'm documenting our entire week, Monday through Sunday. So many pictures, thoughts, observations, notes, gratitude. I'm choosing to stop and notice. Notice who my kids are right now. Who my husband is. What they are into. What I'm into. Who we are as a family. It's an odd week to do it in that Samuel and Jude just hopped on a plane to Alaska. However, I sent Samuel off with a journal and a new camera, so he can document his week while I document ours back home. I will add his thoughts + photos into my physical album once photos are printed off and thoughts organized. Here are the pictures from today:

I typed directly on some photos which makes journaling easier later in my physical album. Bath time is such a rare treat and I did it today. Boss taunted me the entire time - throwing toys in, trying to climb in, etc. I did very little reading, but at least the Epsom salts drew out toxins.
 First thing in the morning, Boss climbs in Papa's lap. As soon as he's hungry, he comes to find me.
 Dinner time. The kid loves to eat.
 I often find Boss or Sis on the floor with George.
 My morning coffee routine: lately I drink decaf cold press, make Colin a pot of decaf hot coffee and if his mom stays the night, I make a pot of caffeinated french press. Coffee is our indulgent ritual, not to be looked over.
 At the end of the evening, Colin was throwing the ball for George and playing frisbee with Sis.
 Jude in all his happiness today.
 Jude's drawing for Boss - Professor Poopypants. They are like little teenagers with all their potty talk. It's a constant battle in our house right now.
 Lunch every day for me. Quinoa stir fry with corn chips. Kale picked out of the garden, meat for protein and scrambled egg in there as well. It's great nutrition - why change a good thing?
 Jude caught me eating some oatmeal that I was sharing with him this morning. That kid struggles eating breakfast. So I helped him. Steel cut oats + butter + raisins + agave.
 Samuel rarely lets me take a picture, so this was an opportune moment.
 Sis playing Frisbee tonight.


 Our sunflower backed by a sunset.

 These were found on our doorstep - I'm guessing Boss placed them strategically there but who knows.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...