Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week in the Life (2015), Wednesday

Here we are halfway through documenting this week. Halfway through this project, I always look forward to the next week when I can just do each day without taking notes and pictures. At the end of the day, though, I love looking back at our stories of years' past. These kids deserve to look back at our story when they are adults.

Here I am on the phone with Samuel and Jude from Alaska. And the story here is Boss is torturing me, as usual. I'm trying to take a timer photo of nightime flossing and he deliberately gets in the way.
Boss so wants to be his dad someday. This is him on the elk horn (he does pretty well) as Colin preps for hunting next month.
This is a story of our every morning. Before Boss even comes to say good morning, half the time he goes straight to the bathroom and before I even know he's downstairs, I hear "Bingo! I'm done pooping!" It startles me. Every time. Yes, my son calls me Bingo.
I love this photo. He hears Colin coming back from getting his hair cut. I'm about to tuck them in and Colin comes home. The kids are always eagerly awaiting his arrival.
Breakfast. Sis said, "I want this for breakfast every morning!" It's fried egg, melted cheese and a buttered, toasted Million Dollar Bun from Dave's Killer Bread. I think I will make it tomorrow.
Colin doesn't love me documenting his every move. Here we were on a date to Elephant's Deli after delivering to Slabtown New Seasons. We were without kids and it was wonderful.
Colin reading them bedtime stories. They both took turns crying because they are overtired from playing hard with friends at a water fountain.
Colin searches for quiet hunting clothes. We leave from the shock of the high prices.
He drives and I love that. I don't like driving, so he does it.
His sandwich from Elephant's. A turkey reuben. It was pretty and oh so tasty.
Today I made time to get ready - I was going to the Pearl District with my husband, if even for a little bit.
I love the shadows. The kids spent a lot of time with George first thing this morning. It's like they have finally discovered their love for dogs this year. He's old and I fear for the day when he passes on.

I watch a video of a friend of a friend that died from ovarian cancer. I cry. It seems the more sadness I experience in life, the closer tears are to the surface of my eyes. I was never a crier, but I fear I have become one. I love that "You know that God can carry you through" is the focal point in the background. Written by my mother in law after she lost her son a month ago.
I prep dinner, crack hard boiled eggs. Choose your own salad adventure night. This is post-run and I'm famished.
I run. It's not something I look forward to but always glad I did it after it's done. Running manages my stress, levels me out and dumps toxins in an effort to be healthy, given my less than stellar medical history. Today I run 4 miles. I notice that anything after mile 3 is pretty easy. Maybe I should start pushing myself for longer distance.
Sis wakes up and is fixated on how I drew a star. She must learn how.

Flossing. It's a big deal in our house now that we've had one kid with cavities (Jude) and another with soft spots (Boss).

Sis talks to her brothers.
My thyroid pill that I'm so grateful for. Something that gives me more energy is always welcome.
I water the garden every day. Well, until this week. Month three of watering and the garden is producing less, coming to an end and my incentive for watering is waning. I soak everything tonight.
Completely out of chocolate chip cookie dough at Slabtown - store just opened 8/5 and I haven't demoed there yet, so it's nice to see people are already buying it.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...