Saturday, May 2, 2009

Puzzles. Aren't They Wonderful?

I'll be honest - I really don't love waking up to rain knowing that I'm alone with the kids for 24 hours and I can't see anyone because they still have colds. So, I decided today was a good puzzle day. Really, I'm the one that ends up putting it together - Jude steps all over it and scurries off with various pieces while Samuel asks a million questions about pirates, while interjecting every now and again a compliment about how well I am putting the puzzle together. As you can see, we did finish it. Samuel had the satisfaction of putting the last piece in. We did have a good conversation about how pirates are bad, make bad choices and get whisked off to jail for stealing and pillaging. This is all before my first cup of coffee.
I allowed the boys to take one picture on my camera - this is what Jude took.

This is what I took - I didn't Photoshop out his flaws because I like to remember Jude just as he is - rashes and all.

Jude did play with toys while he wasn't stepping all over the puzzle. I put Coffey Anderson (specifically "Umbrella") on my iPod for the boys to listen to. He has a great acoustic worship album on iTunes. For all my Christian bloggers, I would highly recommend it. When that album was over, I turned on the Twilight soundtrack. Just to mix it up a bit.

And Samuel took this picture of me. How much do I love converting pictures to black and white? It's a very real, very raw picture of me. As a matter of fact, when I stumbled downstairs this morning, making an obvious beeline for the coffee, Colin looked at me and said "Wow. How did you sleep last night?" Ouch.

And now we burned up three hours and can really begin our day.

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...