Whew! Made it 10 days into this project and still going strong. The kids are coming back this morning, so I imagine there will be more than enough to document in the days to follow (insert cookie making, gingerbread house, two birthdays, driving to see lights, etc.).
I took this picture yesterday because it's what I did all.day.long. Colin and I took a quick jaunt to Salvation Army and I did Zumba in the evening, but other than that, I was at my sewing machine while Colin drew up plans for my commercial kitchen. Yesterday was about handmade gifts. I do it every year. And by "it" I mean sign on for way too many sewing projects than one person can possibly accomplish. I cut out about six of these potholder sets, all different fabric and put a pretty good dent in that project yesterday.
Why not just buy the gifts? I feel like I could buy the gifts, but these ones are so much more meaningful. And I only reserve them for people who will actually use them - mostly because I spend so many hours on each present. I also knit washcloths all year long this year, so I have a nice little stash of those to give away as well. Next up after the potholders will be place mats and then hopefully, Seahawks pajama pants for Samuel.

No comments:
Post a Comment