Monday, February 4, 2008

Baby Cuisine


Ding! Ding! Ding! After many hours of cooking lentils, brown rice, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc., for Jude's baby food (Earth's Best Organic baby food was getting to be pretty spendy), I finally found a food he doesn't turn his nose up at. He loves it!

It doesn't look like much, but it's cinnamon, organic stewed apples and the frozen three berry medley from Trader Joe's. I tried it and it tastes like something you would put on pound cake or shortbread. MMM - nothing like feeding your baby lots of fruity sugar!

Speaking of sugar, I have a new tactic to get Samuel to sleep through the night. I have completly removed any grain of sugar from his diet. If he would eat all his food and asked for a grahm cracker or if he saw us eating a cookie, we would indulge him. Not any more. At least not until my experiment is over. He has slept through the night the last 2 nights - we'll see if this works! In all fairness, and to avoid being hypocritical, we have omitted sugar from our diets as well and I could weep. I think I was actually going through withdrawls yesterday! My coffee isn't sweet, no cookies, candy, etc. I am only commiting one day at a time, because I love sugar. I am on day 2. No mood swings or headaches yet - but the day is still young...

3 comments:

Mama Rak said...

No sugar? I could never commit such blasphemy! I guess it would be easier to handle if you're getting a full night's sleep. Props to you on a healthy diet---you are much stronger than I!

Strauss House said...

Now THAT is sacrificial love! :o)

team woelfel said...

we've talked about it and after seeing a friends child being a total spaz and realize how much a sugar free diet would change him. i'm totally addicted to sugar and am drinking hot cocoa right now, but sugar is like a chemical so. good luck!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...