Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Treats

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you moms!! We celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday because Colin was working yesterday. What a wonderful day that was - he let me pick out a place to eat for lunch and my choice was Panera Bread in Clackamas. I would highly reccomend that place for lunch - great sandwhiches! Then I ventured a few doors down to Starbucks for a chai tea and scone (so much for watching what I ate that day). The boys then suprised me with money for Fabric Depot and a book I have been wanting, Wild Swans. All such wonderful treats!! And an added bonus? My friend Erin went into labor and I can't wait to meet her sweet little baby. She doesn't know what she's having, so I'm excited to find out.

So this morning I am trying to make my friend a trendy retro apron for her birthday and here are the boys laying on my sewing mat, talking on thier respective phones:

Here is the beautiful fabric I purchased at Fabric Depot. The left one will be for an apron for myself, the middle for a shirt and the last one is for a light summer blanket for Jude. I also bought some patterns - including a Project Runway way that looks uber confusing.
I also bought these wonderful scissors - they are like butter when I'm cutting. There's really nothing like a good pair of Gingher scissors.
As a sidenote, these are Samuel's new favorite toys (very messy) - they are people that you can squeeze play dough through thier head and it makes hair. It doesn't look like much, but he loves it.

I've been talked into getting my makeup done by a Mary Kay consultant today - she claims I will be part of her Spring Bridal portfolio. I openly stated that I don't have money for fine makeup and if I did, I would buy MAC. Honestly is the best policy, right? She still wanted to schedule with me, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Strauss House said...

Cute fabrics! You're inspiring me to get out the sewing machine again. :o)

Jillian Weiss said...

I'm reading Wild Swans right now. I'm just a bit over half way through. It is a good read. I like it because it has a great human story while also covering some bits of history. I like that combo. Hope you enjoy your book. Happy Mother's Day:)

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...