Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our Foliage Makes Me So Happy!

Yay! I have a garden this year. Ok, so most of the plants came back from last year of thier own accord. I spend about 1/2 hour each evening in this hot weather watering, hoping that I will be able to eat peppers, tomatoes, spinach and peas from my own garden. The lavender is coming in nicely as well. So, of course I had to take record pictures. I don't even know the name of these flowers, but they are very pretty!
These ones are bright pink, but I love high contrast b&w photos, so I changed it up a bit.
Here's my spinach. Yumm!
I'm running on pure exhaustion lately. Jude went to bed at 10:15 a couple of nights ago (considering my day starts around 6 with the boys, that's a long time to be "on" as a mom) and Samuel has taken to waking up at 2 every morning just for good measure. And just to add pressure to myself, I am making a retro apron for my friend Roseann for a birthday present (I'll post pics when I'm done) and it needs to be done by Friday. Did I mention how long it took me just to cut out all the pieces to the pattern? And I am completly pattern illiterate, so I was literally looking up sewing terms in Webster's Dictionary. Anyway, sewing is actually very therapeutic for me, so I am comitting a little time each day to it.
We went out to Applebees last night with Jeff and Jan (Samuel hadn't seen them in so long and really missed them!). It was so nice to go out as a family for dinner - while I love sitting around our dinner table every night, it was nice to sit with others and be served the food. And to top it off? I found out yesterday that Sarah is coming back from Japan. I couldn't be happier and Samuel could not stop talking about her yesterday.
I'll sign off for now as it is 6:15 and someone is bound to wake up soon...

No comments:

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...