Monday, May 5, 2008

Prayers Please

I feel like the last week has been a marathon of appointments for Jude, culminating in a horrible appointment today. He first went to the nutritionist, who was a hippie Eastern medicine type - it was great and we shared the same opinions on many things, at least as far as medicine goes. She recommended things like avocado, olive oil, almond butter, etc. Basically, anything to keep his protein content high. She also recommended a wonderful book called "Feeding the Whole Family" which includes some wonderful recipes which, like it states, feeds the whole family (including baby) in a healthy way.

Next, we went to the physical therapist who worked for an hour with Jude to help him get from laying to sitting, kneeling to sitting and standing, etc. It was a wonderful room filled with toys that Samuel could not keep his hands off of. About half way through this appointment, I point blank asked her why we are in such a rush to get Jude to walk, crawl, etc. She looked at me and said "He should have been doing this three months ago." Oh. My bad. She sent me home with a handful of diagrams of things I should be doing with him daily. My opinion? He will develop at his own rate and scooting on his bottom suits him just fine. Also - she said he has "low tone" and lets his body sink in with gravity. Translation: he's flabby and I need to get him some muscles quick!

And today I took Jude in a for a last minute appointment because this kid cannot shake his rattly breathing and wheezing. Here's what I left this appointment with: an inhaler with two different medicines (in case of asthma), a prescription for antibiotics (in case it's a sinus infection), and a referral to Dornbecker for a sweat test for Cystic Fibrosis. He could have allergies, asthma, sinus infection, reflux, cystic fibrosis and/or a cold. So, we have an appointment at Dornbecker on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m.. It will take 1 1/2 hours and I am hoping for a swift diagnosis. Please be praying for Jude.

4 comments:

team woelfel said...

keep positive and don't get sucked down. it's good to have all the information you can get. if you need to talk to a nurse call my mom! she can help if you feel like you need some support on that end. try and ask as many questions and look up as much stuff as you can, don't let doctors push you around either. lots of love and prayers!

AshlandFive said...

Hey Kami,

Whew! Man, what a run around for you. I love the dedication you have to your kids, and doing what is best for them. The Lord will point you guys in the right direction for him, and my prayer will be that you see it! Also, for strength that you do not weary in well doing. God Bless you girl. ;)

Jillian Weiss said...

Hi Kami,

Been thinking about your family lately. Keeping you guys in prayer, especially Jude.

Sara Shearer said...

Hi Kami, I was just blog surfing and came across your blog. Your story about all your doctor's visit's etc. really touched me. Know that you are being prayed for! Sweet Jude is in HIS hands. By the way, Lauren was around Jude's age and had wheezing. It came on after a cold and never really left. I thought it was teething, or a tummy thing. (She had reflux when she was little) So I took her to the Dr to see what she thought. We too got the inhaler, emergency inhaler, antibiotics. Tried the antibiotics and they didn't work. So we went for the inhaler. We made it through the first inhaler (which wasn't fun by the way, but if you can just play around and have the teddy bear take the inhaler, or daddy or mama it makes it more fun :) ) and the inhaler did the trick and I actually only did 1.5 months. It was gone??? Not sure, but maybe that will be helpful. Sorry for the long comment. I don't have your email :) May the Lord give you wisdom to sift through all the advice. Do what He shows you!!!! BLESSINGS!!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...