After not so subtle prompting from my Bible study leader this morning, I decided that in order to be a sane mom alone with my kids for long periods of time, I will need to just focus on them and let the house stuff go for awhile. I really struggle with this because I have what I like to call a "Better Homes and Gardens complex". Which is very comical because I live in a very definite work in progress of a home and hardly anything is put together. Anyway, I decided that I really never take time to just sit on the floor and play blocks with the boys - I do bake with Samuel, but that doesn't really count for play time. So after letting Samuel choose our special activities for the afternoon, we built block towers (which we promptly destroyed) and made a paper
mosaic from construction paper. I think it did a lot to fill his little love tank, and Jude really enjoyed it as well. I did ask my husband if he would rather come home to a messy house and a happy mom and kids or a clean house and a frazzled wife. He chose the former without hesitation. Here are some pics:

Jude peeking under our dining room table - I could just eat him up!

The block tower and surrounding debris.

Our construction paper
mosaic - funny the things you keep when you have a kid...

Jude and Samuel pulled out the PS2 (yep, we're old school like that) and all of the electrical cords - they had lots of fun playing with those.

Here is a picture of our family project - seedlings we are growing before we plant them outside - the broccoli is blowing up like no one's business. I hope it transplants well because I would not be mad about fresh produce from our backyard. I am even composting into the soil - something I really never thought I would do.

This is just a funky picture of Samuel with terrible directional lighting, but different nonetheless. He of course was riding his bike.
1 comment:
Kami, you're such a good mom! I love the construction paper mosaic. Olivia and I used to cover pine cones with peanut butter and seeds and put them out for the birds ;) Messy, but good, old-school fun.
Post a Comment