
We ran to Costco to pick up my final choice for dishes - they aren't terribly exciting, but they are
different and
sturdy, which are both big pluses in my book at this point in my life. Did I ever mention that my life feels like the movie "Groundhog Day"? I love staying at home, don't get me wrong, but it feels like the same routine at the same times every day. As if new dishes will change that!!

Jude worked his way over to the Easter graveyard, if you will. I emptied out the baskets and placed what I thought to be all the empty eggs in them.

This is what Jude's expression was when I took the egg from him after smelling chocolate on his breath. And dripping down his shirt.

And this is what he was clutching in his hot little hand (I'm not even sure what form of chocolate he managed to get in his mouth). I had forgotten how much baby proofing goes into having a mobile almost 1 year old. I have come to the realization that candy may just be a parent's worst enemy - inducing hyperactivity and really only creating happiness within a child for a brief moment. Being the sugar fiend that I am, however, I can't talk much smack about the substance. I must run - I think I am going to make those yummy oatmeal cookies again =).
1 comment:
Kami,
You crack me up! I love reading your blog, and I totally relate on the sugar front. Aric decided a few days ago, on his own, that he should stop eating sugar because it "tricks his body." We'd talked before about how it makes you think you're hungry and you just want to keep eating more and more of it. I told him he'd have to give all his Easter candy to his dad, and, with a horrified look, he asked, "my candy has sugar in it?" :-)
Post a Comment