Thursday, March 20, 2008

Before and After

I started by saturating the photo, adding a sepia tint, decreasing the opacity on that tint, adding glassiness to his eyes, and adding brightness. Does anyone know how to burn the edges in a brown color instead of black?

Just out of the camera.
This one I converted to b&w, then increased the contrast and brightness and added glassiness to his eyes. Then I burned the edges, which I haven't done in photos lately.

This is just a fun comparison at what comes out of the camera, and what happens in Photoshop. The middle one is just out of the camera. Boring!

2 comments:

Strauss House said...

I love all 3 versions! To get a brown vignette just follow my tutorial but use a brown fill and make the layer blend mode "multiply". I think that will work. :o)

lundbergfamily said...

Just use the paintbrush with brown paint...I would just burn it though. Did you try it and it looked bad?
By the way, thanks for calling me back! :)I was scared you got in an accident or something. I left you a message and never heard back...had to check your blog to make sure you were ok!!

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...