Our new shower/bath.
Our new cabinet.
The old toilet/shower is now the shower/bath.
This is the old cabinet/sink.
Sometimes when I wonder why we aren't living in a normal, done house, I look back at pictures of when we first moved in. Actually, I take that back. Colin and his family ripped all this out before we moved in. The sad thing is that someone was actually living here in these conditions... My husband amazes me - I think I get overwhelmed with my daily tasks, but that guy has to work full time (he's worked the last four out of five 24 hour shifts) and currently he is planning where he will build his garage, installing windows, prepping our ground for a garden, fixing our car (I think my car's transmission is going out - ugh) and spending time with the boys. I think I would have a meltdown if I had all that on my plate.
Speaking of the garden, it's so nice to be buying seeds (carrots, spinach, watermelon, etc) and looking forward to the long warm days of summer when perhaps we won't have to buy over priced, underripe produce. It's daring for me to tend a garden because I don't have a green thumb. What I am considering is subscribing to Organics to You - they deliver a box of local organic produce (whatever is in season) for $35 and you can choose how often you get it.
2 comments:
Kami...soooo gorgeous, and so wonderful to have that part done! It really looks great. I know what you mean about the hubbies and their full, stressful plates. They are such good guys and provide so well for their families in so many ways. Anyway, congratulations on a new bathroom. I'm the tiniest bit jealous.:-) We should get together sometime - I'd love to see the bathroom in its entirety. ~Sarah
i didn't know you had a husband that likes to tear into things too! we have been in the middle of a home addition-remodel since the day we moved in! craziness, but it's wonderful once things get finished :) it looks fabulous
Post a Comment