Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Day in the Life Of...

Well, since I had a small cup of coffee this morning, I felt the urge pick up the house before more contractions set in. During my 1 1/2 cleaning escapade, I thought I would snap some photos of what my boys were up to...Playing with remotes is always a crowd pleaser with the boys. Oh, the simple pleasures in life.
Here's the room that will the boys in the very near future. We are moving them in together, perhaps into bunk beds. That should be an interesting transition! We will be painting the walls, probably next week, then Colin will be installing the hardwood floors.

Here he is sanding the walls down, preparing for the texture phase.


Jude had to vacuum.

I gave the boys my camcorder bag so they wouldn't play with my camera bag.

I was shocked to find what a disaster Jude could create while waiting for Samuel to poop - cornbread all over the floor, and where did that toothbrush come from? And a tool, of course.


Just a small portion of stray toys left around the house.
I'm now resting, trying to not bring on more contractions.
And now for a few random thoughts:
1) I love Jane Austin. I just read "Northanger Abbey" for my book club and can't believe how gossipy Victorian literature is. Also, who is entertained by walking around a room, arm in arm with a friend? Or attending ball after ball? I guess things were different before TV and Wii.
2) Last week I walked into a Starbucks in Lake Oswego and realized the incredible class difference between myself and them. Those women are dressed to the nines, nails completely manicured, hair perfectly highlighted and cut, beautiful purses, etc. How do these women find the time??
3) I tried to watch the movie Charlie Wilson's War. Too many boobs and really? Has rated "R" become pretty edgy, or is it just me?
4) We get to go to The Nutcracker on the 23rd. Yay! Neither Samuel nor I have seen it and I can't wait.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

You're supposed to be taking it easy! Not having 1-2 hour cleaning sprees, missy! ;p

Glad you're feeling better and that lil' baby girl McGladrey is behaving ;)

team woelfel said...

isn't it a never ending battle picking up toys! ugh! um. . . i called my mom to tell her to pray for you and she said girls do much better coming early, and come to think of it i was almost 8 weeks early so. . . just thought i'd share

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...