Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Juliet Is Home!!


Juliet came home today!! We got the call from the nurse early this morning that she was ready to be discharged today. I couldn't get to the hospital fast enough! She's been great today - she pretty much sleeps all the time - I wake her up every three hours to feed, change her diaper and she falls back asleep. What an easy baby!! I know, I know. She will wake up pretty soon and let her voice be heard, but for now she is pretty low maintenance. It's just all of the pumping and sterilizing that takes so much time. She's worth it, though!
The boys LOVED holding her!
Here's right before we took her away from the NICU. This sweater and hat set were knit by Colin's Aunt Judy and I can't even believe how beautiful it is - it fit her perfect!! Oh, and we did put socks on her and a added a huge blanket before we took her outside.
Here's her wonderful day nurse, Rose, that just loved her. It was a bit sad leaving - I haven't known Juliet except for inside the walls of the NICU and under the care of the nurses. It's incredible how much these people love all the babies.
I just love staring at my baby girl!
Love the outfit!!
Rose took a quick family photo for us.

Thanks for all your prayers!! Please keep praying that she grows fast and learns to breastfeed!

3 comments:

JSTA said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We'll keep praying. Oh, and the room looks great, and so does big bro! AND Happy BDay to Samuel! They grow so fast, don't they?

Couchs said...

yeah- I am so happy that she is finally home! You guys will continue being in our prayers!
-Hannah

AshlandFive said...

What a Praise the Lord! That is so awesome Kami! My girl's room is pink and brown too! ;)

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...