Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Preterm Labor Scare

Well, instead of attending Athey Creek's Women's Christmas Dinner last night, I found myself strapped to a monitor in the Labor and Delivery wing at Kaiser Sunnyside. After some bleeding and contractions, my doctor discovered at my appointment yesterday that my cervix is starting to dilate. She sent me straight to the hospital to be evaluated overnight. The good news is, the baby is doing beautifully and so far, I'm not in labor. They sent me home last night with instructions for frequent rest periods and to rehydrate often. I think the worst part was them checking if all the baby equipment worked in my room as I was getting hooked up. I sat by myself for a couple of hours trying to hold back the tears because I want to take my baby home when she is born. For the next few weeks, I will have to let the house go a bit (I'm starting to twitch at the thought of all the dirt and clutter that can accumulate in my house so quickly) and my family might not get as many home cooked meals, but it will be worth it.

Keep the baby in your prayers, because I don't want a baby born at 32 1/2 weeks!

4 comments:

Jillian Weiss said...

Glad to hear everything is back under control now. Just take it easy, what's a little dirt. Easier said than done I'm sure. I'll be praying for and your little baby.

Mary Lou said...

Praying for you and the dear sweet girl!

team woelfel said...

i wish i was there to help you. keep your feet up mama and let those boys run circles around you! i know not being able to clean the nest will be hard but it will be worth it. glad everyone is well and your in my prayers!

Unknown said...

will be praying for you daily, my dear! And the little guys- I know it's going to be tough when mommy has to take it easy.

Europe 2025. PDX to Rome, Day 1.

This trip was many months in the making. I actually love making travel plans and this one was no exception. The difference here was that t...