We made it to the hospital today!! I haven't seen my sweet baby in over two days and I think I was about to have an emotional meltdown if I didn't get to the hospital. She's doing better all the time. They have moved her to an open crib, but her temperature is getting a bit cool, so they may have to move her back to the isolette. She took the first two feedings of the day from the bottle, which is great. I didn't make it in time for the noon feeding, so breasfeeding wasn't an option today, which breaks my heart. Another hard thing is having the nurse tell me that preemies sometimes never exclusively breastfeed. She may always need a bottle. There are so many things I have to adjust my expectations for. At any rate, the nurse is expecting her to come home early next week. Yay! That all depends on Juliet, of course. I can't wait to hold her whenever I want without running the risk of driving in terrible weather to get to her.
Here are some pictures from today:

She was all bundled up and sleeping when we first arrived.

Colin couldn't help but give her a big kiss.

I love that they have two hats on her for extra heat - I guess I will have to be stocking up on hats!

Oh, I could just hold her all day long.

A family photo - excuse the no makeup today. It was more important to get to the hospital than to be fully ready.

Another close up of Jules.
3 comments:
so i called my mom and she said you should totally be able to breast feed. she said, "trust your body and your baby". premies can have not as strong of a suck at first but with practice she'll get it. . . but you'll know what to do!
and yey for jude walking!
I just can't get over how TINY she is! You guys look so happy. Oh, and by the way you are gorgeous without makeup too!
She is an absolute angel---so beautiful! I'm so happy for you all :)
Nic
Post a Comment